Kim is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist employed in the NHS. She has over 14 years of experience working within primary and secondary care mental health. The majority of her work has been with adult and older adult client groups in community settings. In addition, she also has experience of inpatient and forensic settings. Kim has a special interest in working with individuals who have experienced trauma, or those with addictions. Ultimately, her goal is to address underlying problems and work with the individual in a person-centred way. She uses evidence-based approaches to overcome the difficulties experienced.
Kim works with people who present with a range of difficulties which including:
• Anxiety disorders (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD, Social Anxiety, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, panic and phobias)
• Trauma (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD)
• Bipolar disorder
• Adjustment difficulties (problems adjusting to relationship breakdowns, losses such as those related to physical health problems or changing roles)
• Complicated bereavement
• Low self-esteem
• Relationship difficulties
• Difficulties associated with neurodegenerative diseases (i.e., dementia) including carer stress and low mood and anxiety following diagnoses.
Kim will consider other conditions on a case by case basis. Kim will complete a comprehensive assessment and offer an evidence based treatment if appropriate. Where individual therapy may not be helpful Kim will work to signpost to the most appropriate service.
Kim has extensive experience and feels competent in effectively treating many presenting difficulties, in an empathic, non-judgmental and person-centred way.